Sunday 27 February 2011

Lianne Loves.. February Favourites

So, February bought 2 special events for me. My birthday! (I turned 27 *help!*) and my lovely boyfriend and I celebrated our anniversary of 2 years together, on Valentines Day! One of my favourite months of the year! :)
Hope it was a good one for you too!
Here are some of my favourite things from this month..


Nails Of The Month

Models Own - Nude Beige

I'm in love with this nail polish. The colour is gorgeous. I'm a big fan of nude shades, they look so fresh and natural and go with every outfit! I've painted my finger nails and toe nails in this colour and have been reapplying often as I just love the colour. 2 coats and some top coat and I was good to go. Unfortunately it does seem to chip at the tips quite easily, even with my faithful top coat. But other than that, its great!
If you read my January Favourites, you would know that I purchased a few of Models Own's polishes from their nail wear range and this is definitely my favourite of the 3!
Check out their range at modelsownit.com.


Fragrance Of The Month

Ghost

319.jpg


A Christmas gift from my boyfriends sister, I've been wearing Ghost quite a bit this month. It reminds me of when I lived at home, my brother's girlfriend used to leave it in the bathroom all the time and I used to steal a cheeky spritz! :)
It's a really fresh, feminine fragrance that lasts for quite a while. Definitely a favourite!
See more information here.


Outfit Of The Month

Miss Selfridge lace bodysuit/River Island skinny jeans

During a shopping trip this month, I picked up this gorgeous black lace bodysuit from Miss Selfridge for £20. It has 3/4 length sleeves, a lace neckline and a complete lace back. It's so pretty! The picture probably doesn't do it enough justice, but go try it on, it looks lovely on! Wore with a strapless bra and teamed with skinny jeans for a smart casual look, or with high-waisted black hot pants and black tights for a night out look, it looks fab. It's completely versatile and could work with lots of different looks to create great outfits.
Bodysuits are really in right now and make great staple pieces for your wardrobe, I purchased another, vest/cami style one, with lace down the sides which is lovely. They're really flattering and fit really well.
Miss Selfridge has some gorgeous pieces in right now, I have spent a good fortune in their stores this month!!
See more images of the bodysuit here, at missselfridge.com.

I teamed the bodysuit with some new dark denim skinny jeans I also bought recently, for £39.99 at River Island.
RI always do great fitting jeans, you cant go wrong with a pair of these, they fit lovely and always stay in fab condition.
Check them out, at riverisland.com .


Shoes Of The Month

Suede Wedges

I bought these suede wedges for £15, from New Look this month. They now seem to have gone up to £25, as we found out yesterday while my friend was looking for them. They do do similar ones for £15, with a lower, court-like heel. But mine are definitely higher, I'm guessing there was a price mishap when I bought mine, oh well *hehe*
I love them! I love a heel, they give me height (I'm quite a short-arse you see! lol) and a heel always seem to make me walk more confidently and with good posture. And since they're wedges, they're really comfy!
They're perfect for dressing up for an evening out, or dressing down for a simple shopping trip.
Find them at newlook.com.


Product Of The Month

Australian Gold Gelee Accelerator

Now, we all know that tanning isn't good for our skin. I, by no means am condoning the use of indoor tanning. But if done properly, in a controlled environment, using the correct products, it can help us get the healthy glow many of us crave!
I personally don't think that anyone under 18 should use a sunbed, and that everybody should be advised on how long and how often they should use one, as everyone has different skin. Sunbeds should never be used without special goggles and creams.
Right, that's the disclaimer out of the way..
Last month, we booked our family holiday to Majorca for July. We're all really excited, but my skin hasn't seen any sunshine in so long that I've been prepping my skin with a twice weekly visit to my tanning salon for a quick 6 minutes on the sun shower.
I was recommended this indoor tanning cream, and have since realised that it is one of the best sellers in the industry.
The gelee formula glides on really smoothly and sinks into skin straight away, it smells lush! The formula is enriched with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals for skincare, particularly Vitamin E which helps protect from lines and wrinkles, and also contains golden hemp seed extract for maximum, natural tan enhancement.
It's been one of my most used products this month, I adore the smell and it is slowly, but surely giving me beach ready skin for my summer holiday!!
Now my skin really struggles to tan, but everywhere seems to slowly be changing colour, with exception to my lower legs?! Which is quite annoying as obviously they're the part of the body most shown during the warmer months. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! :)
Find out more, at australiangold.co.uk.


Purchase Of The Month

Maxfactor 2000 Calorie Mascara

I always fall in love with a mascara but half way through the tube it loses it's power for me and I go in search of something new. This month I put it to Twitter to recommend me a fab new mascara to try.
The lovely @AprincessH2 recommended Maxfactor's 2000 Calorie Dramatic Look Mascara. So I nipped into Boots and made my purchase, along with their new Miracle Touch foundation. They have a fab offer on at the mo, spend £15 and get a make up bag full of goodies free.
On first look, the mascara looks pretty basic but the effect it gives on application is far from basic. The formula builds up the lashes, giving 300% more volume. I'm really chuffed with the results. Only a couple of coats create great volume, and it lasts all day. It's perfect for everyday wear, and with lots of coats - a dramatic look for nights out! I love it. Thanks Alice ;)
Available in 2 shades, for £7.99. More info available at maxfactor.co.uk.


Those were my faves from this month, what were yours?
See you next month!

Lianne XX

Tweet me at @Lianne84

No comments:

Post a Comment