Sunday 27 February 2011

Lianne Loves.. January Favourites

Edit: This post has been tucked away in my drafts for almost a month as I totally forgot to post it!! I've been a little MIA in terms of blogging as life has been busy! But here it is, my January favourites.. better late than never! Enjoy! :)



So, Christmas is over for another year and we're all kicking ourselves for those over-

indulgences (Ive definitely got a Christmas tummy! Booo!), nursing our empty purses and wishing this cold weather would hurry up and move on!!

But hopefully we all had a lovely Christmas & New Year spent with those we love. And of course, been spoilt with some fab goodies!! :)

These are a few of the things I've been loving this month..



Nails Of The Month



Models Own - Pray



January saw the release of Models Own's exciting new nail wear range. All the new colours are fab and I especially love the natural colours they do, so I thought I'd make a few cheeky purchases!!

I'd describe 'Pray' as a chocolate brown colour. As soon as I applied it, I loved it! 2 coats and a slick of top coat and I was more than happy with the result. My nails looked good enough to eat!! The colour goes with pretty much everything, so no need to worry about it clashing with different outfits.

Forgive the picture, my cuticles are in awful condition and I do have polish on my skin *tut* it was a rush job before going out with my other half for the evening!! :)

Models Own polishes are hard wearing and long lasting and come in a huge variety of colours.

See for yourself at modelsownit.com





Fragrance Of The Month



D&G 3 L'imperatrice



I was bought this for Christmas by my lovely boyfriend and has definitely been my signature scent throughout January.


It came in a gorgeous white vanity case which has become a temporary home for my nail varnishes (I say temporary as its full already!).

'L'imperatrice' is 1 of 3 new fragrances from D&G.

The bottle has quite a classy, sophisticated look and I'd describe the smell as fresh, fruity and feminine.

It smells great, quite powerful at first but does seem to fade off throughout the day and need topping up.

Read more at sephora.com





Outfit Of The Month



Topshop Striped Shrug/Black leggings



I've practically lived in this outfit throughout January!


I purchased this cardigan from Topshop just before Christmas, for £40.

A knitted, camel and black wide striped shrug, it has been perfect to team with black leggings and either a long sleeved sheer black top, or a black vest/bodysuit. The sleeves are quarter length and fall really nicely below the elbow.

I love the colour and I'm really into the stripes and chunky knit style that's around at the mo.

I've wore this outfit for everyday wear, lounging round the house, shopping and even for a meal out with the other half, teamed with heels and the right accessories, it can look great in many occasions.

The cardigan is still available at topshop.com.





Shoes Of The Month



Brown laced heeled boots





My brown laced, heeled boots have hardly left my feet throughout January, they're bang on trend and go with most outfits. The colour matches my leather fur lined jacket really well so this along with the fact that they're comfy and perfect during these winter months, makes for them my shoe choice for this month!


I purchased these boots at the end of last year for £40 at an independent shoe boutique in my local shopping mall.





Product Of The Month



MAC Studio Tech





My overall, favourite, most used product of January has to be my old favourite, MAC Studio Tech. Anyone that knows me, knows I'm a big MAC fan and have been using this foundation religiously for years!! No matter what foundation I'm using, Studio Tech is always on hand in my handbag for touch ups throughout the day.


It's really nice to apply, glides on really smoothly and blends well. The more you use, the more coverage it gives. But however much used, it always provides a flawless look.

I may rave about other foundations but this will always be my ol' faithful that I'll always continue to buy!

MAC Studio Tech is available to buy, for £23 in a range of shades from all MAC stores/counters and at maccosmetics.co.uk



Hope you've all had a great January! See you next month!



Lianne xx



Tweet me at @Lianne84

No comments:

Post a Comment