Wednesday 12 January 2011

Lianne Loves... Max Factor Xperience!

This post was originally set to be a look at some of my favourite products of 2010 but I got so carried away talking about this that I decided it should have it's own post! So..

Max Factor Xperience Weightless Foundation







When I got my first pay cheque at 18 years old, I headed to the premium beauty counters at the likes of Boots/Debenhams/House of Fraser and splashed out on lots of yummy beauty products and vowed to say goodbye to high street brand foundations forever.. until now!



I've pretty much tried foundation from every premium brand going, and as a huuuuuge MAC addict - with whom I was extremely loyal to, I never looked twice at a high street brand for years. Until Autumn of last year, I was out of MAC *insert scream* and was in a rush home from town. Stood at the bus stop I remembered the lack of this extremely important item in my make up bag!! With not enough time to head back to the other side of the city centre to purchase my beloved MAC foundation I ran into the nearest Superdrug.. trawling the beauty shelves I came across one of Max Factor's newest releases. At first I thought it'd just be a stand in until I could get to MAC, but after a few uses I fell in love! Truth be told, I didn't think I'd find a high street brand foundation anywhere as good as the premium brands I've used, after all, you get what you pay for right?


Well I was more than impressed with Max Factor Xperience!
'Luxurious flawless coverage with a weightless feel..' they boast. And, unlike many products, it does exactly that. When applied onto bare skin, this liquid foundation provides fantastic coverage leaving a silky soft base. It almost gives the impression of a powder like finish. The coverage is amazing, we all look for a foundation that gives a full coverage but often end up with a thick/heavy feel.
When applied with a foundation brush, the liquid, that is not too thick or too watery, goes on beautifully and sinks into my skin providing a perfect base for my make up.



Max Factor Xperience - Brown Hessian



Rubbed into hand


I loved the lasting effect it gave also, with hardly any need for touch ups throughout the day.
Max Factor offer this foundation in 6 shades, I use Brown Hessian 75 which seems to suit me fine.
So much for my 'stand in foundation' ... I'm on my 2nd bottle!! :)
A bargain at £7.99 in most stores, go try it for yourself.

Have any other premium brand snobs been reformed by any fab high street brand products?


No comments:

Post a Comment